Purr / Nekkid

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Pomi

Purr / Nekkid

Post by Pomi » Mon May 17, 2010 12:57 pm

Could anyone compare these two colours for me please?
I already have Purrr and Whisper, Nekkid looks like a gorgeous colour but I'm afraid it will be really close to something I already have...
TIA! :D
Cupcake

Re: Purr / Nekkid

Post by Cupcake » Mon May 17, 2010 3:05 pm

Purr is sparkly / shimmery and more yellow-gold whereas Nekkid is a soft peach-pink, similar to the colour of Whisper but deeper. Nekkid has a pearly finish. They are different enough to get both.

(p.s. If you're getting both, add Cabana or Sandstone too 8-) )

Ooh after-thought! If you look here, halfway down, you'll see a photo that Zeebs did comparing Purr and Nekkid. Result! I think this makes Nekkid look darker than it is and doesn't show the gold in Purr, but it's a good photo for comparing the colours (if not, so much, the finish textures). The flash makes Nekkid look sparkly

http://host.silknaturals.com/forum/view ... 7&start=70

p.p.s. good luck trying to scroll past Zeeb's lippy swatches without needing to add at least one to your basket. I've tried and failed... :lol: 8-)
Pomi

Post by Pomi » Mon May 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Thanks for your reply!
I actually want Quiver instead of Nekkid now, because of those swatches :D
But I can't find it on the site! Is it OOS or something? I hope it wasn't LE!
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Mon May 17, 2010 5:44 pm

It was a limited edition in the sense that Karen was only able to get a small amount of the ingredients and produce a smaller number of jars of Quiver eyeshadow than she would normally. Don't quote me, but I *think* she said that if it proved popular, she might be able to create a colour that would be very similar to replace it, but I haven't seen anything stated here in the forum about that since the time it was launched.

It's not the same, but Fire would give a similar golden-copper shimmery sheen if you used it over another pink eyeshadow. The pink base colour for Quiver doesn't come through strongly (it melds softly into skintone rather than standing out as a distinct colour), so if you've already got a pink eyeshadow that you like you could use Fire to replicate something similar. Or if you fancy a little dabble in crafting your own - have a play with Fire and a sample of Tart or Tart Light blushes. ;) The pink would be bolder but it's oh so pretty!
StargirlDi

Post by StargirlDi » Tue May 18, 2010 6:33 pm

Purr and Nekkid are my favourites. I think they are different enough.