Some quick questions...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
MsRaquel

Re: Some quick questions...

Post by MsRaquel » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:59 pm

PLEASE make cream concealers in all the shades! I've a tan complexion so I could use one of the peaches if it's not sheer. I'm currently using a peach from "the company that shall not be named" which I believe was discontinued, but since it's a powder it's a bit of a problem as others have pointed out.

A really pink and not too pale perfecting powder (for us with tan skins) with just a bit of glow but not sparkle would be great; I had to "make my own" by tinting a sample of the untinted Perfecting Powder with a bit of my samples of Tart & Cosmic.

Thank you!
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:13 pm

AnneShirley wrote:Karen: How dark were you thinking of making the Pink Color Booster? PMUP like soomeone else mentioned is actually very pale. It actually doesn't add too much pink to your face (if used with a fiber optic and light hand), but it miraculously evens out dark circles and ruddiness. I'm have only a sample jar of PMUP, but if you need me to, and I'd be happy to do it, I could send you some of it or all of it so you can see the color I'm referring to.
I have a full sized jar of PMUP and would be definitely willing to contribute some of it to the cause, as it were. Let me know.
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:24 pm

I am so excited to hear you might bring out cream concealers. The one I use now has been discontinued so I am looking for a new one. I use an ivory shade. I don't really like peach or yellow since I tend to look better in cool colors. Thanks for asking Karen.
chaye

Post by chaye » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:50 pm

SN has introduced a the idea of mix-your-own foundation, and I was thinking that the concept can be extended to concealers, e/s and blushes. I remember some time back someone suggested having a clear blush base (cream) to create our own cream blush in whichever shade we fancy. With all the requests for different shades of cream concealers, would it be possible to also make a cream base and sell the colors separately? Is tinting creams totally different ball game from powders?

How about a Mix-it-Yourself (MIY) Valentine's Day theme. It would be fun, but not really romantic though. Just a thought. :D
Lover of Tempt Tryst
lov2read68

Post by lov2read68 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:24 pm

Another vote for a creamy concealer - I just bought a traditional concealer this week but would much rather have a SN one. I know Holy Crow is much loved but it makes my eyes water. So if the ingredients were different than that, 'twould be awesome! Ivory? I'm a cool neutral in tone. If it had some light reflective properties a la Touche Eclat, that would send me over the moon! Not overly sparkly but the same effect Date Bait gives - 'you but better'!
tierra

Post by tierra » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:40 am

feyith wrote: Nope. It was a curiosity question more than anything. If the ULTP is pretty much RM without the toxins, no reason to do anything more with it; although would it be possible to put the full sizes in a little pillow puff jar? :) Usually when I'm putting on nighttime minerals, I'm too braindead to do the whole "swirl, tap and buff" routine. I just wanna pick up the jar, rub it on my face and go to bed. :lol:

i loooove this idea -- ULTP in a puff jar would be perfect! i also suffer from the pre-bed lazys! :lol:

ETA: and yes yes YES to creamy concealers! neutralizers and fleshtones too! ;)
MarieH

Post by MarieH » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi Karen!
A creamy concealer would be great, because of xtra dry skin during winter, but maybe something heavier than even SIJ-medium, it doesn`t do the trick for me.
And I have to ask, were can I find the toner concentrate? ( Can´t find it on the website) It´s a super idea for us who lives in northern Europe due to shipping costs.
1 peach : 14 ivory heavy coverage
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:54 pm

chaye wrote:SN has introduced a the idea of mix-your-own foundation, and I was thinking that the concept can be extended to concealers, e/s and blushes. I remember some time back someone suggested having a clear blush base (cream) to create our own cream blush in whichever shade we fancy. With all the requests for different shades of cream concealers, would it be possible to also make a cream base and sell the colors separately? Is tinting creams totally different ball game from powders?

How about a Mix-it-Yourself (MIY) Valentine's Day theme. It would be fun, but not really romantic though. Just a thought. :D
That sounds like a fun idea to me! :D
~Tracy~
packgal

Post by packgal » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:14 pm

chaye wrote:SN has introduced a the idea of mix-your-own foundation, and I was thinking that the concept can be extended to concealers, e/s and blushes. I remember some time back someone suggested having a clear blush base (cream) to create our own cream blush in whichever shade we fancy. With all the requests for different shades of cream concealers, would it be possible to also make a cream base and sell the colors separately? Is tinting creams totally different ball game from powders?

didn't karen say she had tried to work on a clear blush base for mixing our own cream blushes, but that she didn't like the result? i thought i remembered that but i may be making it up...
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:03 am

packgal wrote:didn't karen say she had tried to work on a clear blush base for mixing our own cream blushes, but that she didn't like the result? i thought i remembered that but i may be making it up...
Yep, I remember her saying that too, I think it would be harder to get it mixed consistently throughout than powders.
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥