Favorite Color Combinations

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenW

Favorite Color Combinations

Post by JenW » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:14 am

I wanted to atart a thread where we all post our 'go to' colors and how we use them.

For me this is what I use as my 'everyday face':
face: SN Perfect Harmony Foundation 1Warm:10White (I am currently at my palest-winter)
Jamie Blush
Date Bait
eyes: Aztec on the outer lid
Vanilla as an all over wash and brow highlight
Chocolate Twinkle as a liner
lips: Birthday Suit

I have other 'go to' looks that I will post later.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Autumn

Re: Favorite Color Combinations

Post by Autumn » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:31 pm

My go to colours:

Date Bait

Sleep in a Jar for inner eye circles

Unblush (somedays I skip this). I like to wear this UNDER foundation. I wish it came in a larger jar or had a refill bag option. Great primer. Basically this is tinted Silk Perfection designed for anyone with any redness. You can apply a TON and it will not look green.

I don't have a favorite blush or eye shadow yet. Usually I just grab a SN in the morning and know it will work. I have to be at work for 7:30 am.

I do have Nakkid, Vanilla and agree that these are great "one the go" colours that I think will work for everyone.
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Absolutely every day musts: *Date Bait* :D & Truffle as brow color.
Everything else changes according to mood ~ today it's Sandstone as e/s base, Charmed on inner half of lid, Bittersweet & Moss in the < > & Moss as liner..Wish You Were Here was blush...Foreplay lippie.

~*mikie*~
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:06 pm

My favorite go to colors are:
SN foundation 1 ebony to 5-6 white, with less than a full scoop on warm gold mixed in
Climax blush
Quartzite on lid
Terra in Crease
Bone or Whisper as highlight
Bassalt dry lined as liner.

Hollis
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:13 am

Hey Ladies -

A-hem. Surgery got postponed til 11 March owing to everybody in the house coming down with violent flu, including me (bleurgh). So I can play favourite colours.

Foundation: 1 teaspoon white base, 2 scoops ebony, 1/2 scoop warm gold (yes, I'm pale!)
Blush: Flirt
Lippie: Razzle Dazzle or Pout
Don't take away the Datebait! :)

I won't even start on eye colours, but a couple of fave every-dayish combos are Idolize with Bare, or foiled Pixie with Vanilla foiled as a highlighter.
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:51 am

Rhys

I was just wondering how you wear the idolize and Bare?

Do you use the bare as a highlight and idolize the lid (from lash line to crease), or do you wear bare and idolize on the lid with idolize from the outer corner to mid pupil and then bare mid pupil to inner corner?

thanks
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:40 pm

I have really, really deep set eyes - anyway - I bring Idolize (usually foiled) up over where the crease would be on most people (mine isn't even visible), and then use Bare as a highlight colour and blend the Bare up to the browbone. It works without foiling, too.
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:44 am

Hi Rhys

thanks for that :P

I have really deep set eyes too as well (nice to know I'm not the only one - lol) Doing a crease colour can be a pain when you can't see it. thanks for the tip

Ghost
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:16 pm

I'm trying to think in brown today, cos I know so many women love that colour - though I'll try to push you a little out of your comfort zone if I can ;)

Lurid's great. It really is. It can be sedate or sexy or both. But here's a look I think just about anyone could get away with, especially blue, green, grey, hazel eye folks. If you have brown eyes, it'll work too, but go with more Lavender than Lurid. I promise it's great, and it really doesn't matter which you use - these are good colours for everybody. And remember ladies, this is mineral makeup - you don't get great glops of chalky overdone eye shadow - you can build as little or as much colour as you're comfortable with, and it'll never go chalky on you - so have fun with it :mrgreen:

Lurid over the lower part of your lid - either bring it up to the crease, or be adventurous and dust a bit of Lavender over the crease instead (pretty :) ). Use Vanilla as a highlight colour, and line with Mink. Even if you work in a conservative office you could pull this one off - and bring a little colour to the world at the same time :D

I topped it off with Climax blush and Birthday Suit for a lippie.
Nicole

Post by Nicole » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:59 pm

I don't use foundation so currently it's just the perfecting powder for me (must order more), climax blush, e/s vanilla and one of the glosses. I only have birthday suit and skinny dip so far, but I've already ordered more. Pretty au natural :)