Lush Locks Hair Oil on face?

egerandi

Lush Locks Hair Oil on face?

Post by egerandi » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:18 pm

I've been using the Argan and the Emu moisturizers for my winter skin, currently Emu. Lately, I've been needing a bit of extra boost, and was wondering if it's safe to mix in a couple of drops of the hair oil into my emu? Is the EO content low enough to remain skin-safe? How about the FCO? Should I just grab some straight argan oil instead? I want to use up the Emu before I buy another SN Argan moisturizer, and I'm about to take off for a three-week trip, so I can't even get an order in on time, but I do have the hair oil at hand.
karen
Site Admin

Re: Lush Locks Hair Oil on face?

Post by karen » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:02 pm

There's no reason why you can't....other than the oils themselves may trigger a breakout (but if you're using emu I don't think you have much to worry about). We use EO's pretty lightly, and the citrus ones are always "folded" so they're face safe without having to worry about sun sensitivity.

Be careful with it though...

Have a fun vacation!!!! I'm so jealous!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Cool! I tried it once and it didn't hurt, so I'm keeping it in mind for the future. My skin seems to stabilize again, but I have the hair oil with me, just in case. Spring is here in Europe, yay! At least, for this week :)
frckls

Post by frckls » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:03 pm

egerandi wrote:Spring is here in Europe, yay! At least, for this week :)
It is indeed! The sun was bright in NL yesterday (despite animal manure smell all over town, maybe the compost). And now in Berlin, it's even warmer. I can't wait to put on springy flowy lighter clothes! And the new SN spring collection as well! YAAAAAYY!!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:59 am

Oooh, keep that Spring in Berlin, please! In going there next week then off to Bruges. And I keep checking SN forum, so I can order the new collection to be waiting for me when I get back to the states :)