AHA or BHA?

astralpantheress

AHA or BHA?

Post by astralpantheress » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:46 am

Hello everybody!

I was meaning to try your AHA or BHA toners, but I'm not really sure which one I should buy. I have combination skin - my forehead, chin and the area around my nose get oily extremely easily, whilst I get visible red-ish small patches of dryness of my cheeks.

What I'm much more concerned with are the dry areas, because even though I use a very good natural physical exfoliator, I still get those dry patches and they are not diminishing in redness.

I do have enlarged pores on my oily areas, but as I said, those are not bugging me as much as the red dry patches. I occasionally get breakouts as well, but they are nothing dramatic, as they are not acne per se, just isolated pimples with white heads.

I cannot use any stronger toners for acne, because they make my skin very very dry (even the normally oily areas) and red and itchy.

What do you think about this ladies? I was thinking AHA would be probably more suitable for me, but I'm open to any suggestions. ;)
JenW

Re: AHA or BHA?

Post by JenW » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:37 am

There are a few ways I generally classify these two to help decide, even though the products do a bit more than this. AHA acts mostly as a surface exfoliator, so I tend to think of it as the anti-ageing exfoliator. BHA is more of a pore exfoliator/cleaner, so I tend to think of it as the acne preventer.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com