Product Suggestions

JoFe24

Product Suggestions

Post by JoFe24 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:57 pm

So I've been using BHA at night followed by the LW Blemish Buster. In the mornings, I've used the Apricot Cleanser followed by Super Serum for a little over 1 month now. For the past week and a half, I've also tried including AHA after BHA, followed by Blemish Buster but I'm seeing no difference. My face feels cleaner, super moist and softer but I can't understand why my acne is not improving.

I eat relatively healthy, I always tie my hair at night, I rarely ever touch my face and I never squish the pimples even though they look so ripe and ready and ewwwy ughh (see pictures attached). What could I possibly be doing wrong? Should I try a different combination or different products?

I would really appreciate some suggestions from any experts hanging around the forum.
Attachments
Photo on 8-5-13 at 4.39 PM #2.jpg
Photo on 8-5-13 at 4.39 PM #2.jpg (167.7 KiB) Viewed 6388 times
Photo on 8-5-13 at 4.39 PM.jpg
Photo on 8-5-13 at 4.39 PM.jpg (175.61 KiB) Viewed 6388 times
karen
Site Admin

Re: Product Suggestions

Post by karen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:30 pm

I'd skip the Apricot Cleansing Oil for right now, and see if that helps. Switching to Mama's Helper Serum might be good too if the Super Serum isn't cutting it.

Really though you're risking scars with it. If it those 2 changes don't clear it up soon I'd recommend going to a doctor. It might be time for the big guns because it sounds like you're really doing everything right.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
JoFe24

Post by JoFe24 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Before trying Silk Naturals I used OCM (the oil cleansing method) and i saw serious results after a few weeks. I was mixing the oils myself and it was a bit of a hassle doing it that way so I switched hoping for a simpler and similarly effective routine.

Since the OCM is the only thing that has ever really worked for me I don't really want to cut it out. I'll try the Mama's Helper and see how that goes.

I feel like the BHA/AHA isn't doing much in terms of exfoliation. Sometimes I find I can easily peel off the dead skin left on top of pimples after using the toners. I gave in, popped all the pussy pimples and blackheads, sterilized with peroxide and followed with Apricot Cleanser and Super Serum. My face looks much better now (2 days later). Let's see how the next two weeks go.

THanks for the advice.
JoFe24

Post by JoFe24 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:47 pm

Success! My face isn't 100% clear but it looks way better than those initial pictures. I decided to try using the products individually first and then combining them based on the results. The BHA was the first to go and I saw improvements within two days. I can't understand why the AHA is more effective for me than the BHA. Anyone care to explain?
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:12 am

No real good explanation. Sometimes certain products work better than others.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
JoFe24

Post by JoFe24 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:28 pm

So I've been noticing dry patches around my mouth and the sides of my nose. I've always covered it up with a little Apricot Cleansing Oil but now that it's getting warmer they're becoming more pronounced. It is concentrated right in that dimple between my lip and chin, showing up in a semi circle around my mouth.

The patches are most prominent after I use the Apricot Cleanser in the morning. Upon closer inspection the dry patches almost look like layers of skin. It seems like if I had the right tool then I could actually rub it off. Up close the skin isn't really dry but it's ashy colored and feels slightly oily.

Any idea what could be the cause or solution to these strange patches?

The only products I use are the AHA, Apricot Cleanser and a little Super Serum on troublesome pimples.
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:51 am

JoFe24 wrote:So I've been noticing dry patches around my mouth and the sides of my nose. I've always covered it up with a little Apricot Cleansing Oil but now that it's getting warmer they're becoming more pronounced. It is concentrated right in that dimple between my lip and chin, showing up in a semi circle around my mouth.

The patches are most prominent after I use the Apricot Cleanser in the morning. Upon closer inspection the dry patches almost look like layers of skin. It seems like if I had the right tool then I could actually rub it off. Up close the skin isn't really dry but it's ashy colored and feels slightly oily.

Any idea what could be the cause or solution to these strange patches?

The only products I use are the AHA, Apricot Cleanser and a little Super Serum on troublesome pimples.
Have you tried manual exfoliation? Even exfoliating with a washcloth or a microfiber cloth might help. Those two areas are where many get blackheads. I am not saying that is your issue, but they are easy spots for buildup. If you do try it, I would wait for night time or a time when you are home for a few days. The areas might get a little red. It also might be that you need more of a pore exfoliator like BHA in those spots. AHA is a surface exfoliator.

It is also possible that the Apricot Cleansing Oil is not a good choice for you.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com