Disney mum's help: Fantasia re-release date?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Ghost

Disney mum's help: Fantasia re-release date?

Post by Ghost » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi Guys

I need some help - I have no 'young people' in my family, nor do I associate with any (lol), so I'm unaware of the Disney releases. I've just discovered that Disney do this stupid vault film thing so a particular film(s) are release every 7 to 10 years!!!!

I just wanted to know when Fantasia (the original) will be release again on DVD. I've searched the web and I have found lots of different dates!

The year was 1990 and I have this distinct memory of me at 7 (almost 8) and in video nest (non existing video rental shop now), looking at the rows and rows of videos while my mum and older sister were paying for the rentals. One video caught my eye, one I have never heard about and never seen on TV before. I spent quite a while examining this video and without realising it my mum and sis had already left the shop and was calling for me to catch up. We only had a video player for only a few months back then and well my 8th birthday was coming up, so on the big day I unwrapped my gift and to my big surprise I got Fantasia (guess mum was keeping an eye on my after all lol). After watching the sorcerer's apprentice I was hooked, I played that video over and over again and till this day I have none of my childhood toys but my fantasia video is sitting on my shelf looking all pretty and nostalgic. But as technology moves so did my video player, gone with the wind or to the skip!!

Thanks to fantasia I have a love for classical music, especially violin's and flute music

I would love to see Fantasia again, if anyone can help with this I'd be very grateful.
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
karen
Site Admin

Re: Disney mum's help: Fantasia re-release date?

Post by karen » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:04 pm

Ebay!!!! I just did a quick search and it looks like they re-released it on DVD in 2000- there are tons of copies available on eBay. I'll bet they do a Blu-Ray version soonish too.

Aaah childhood nostalgia. There's nothing like it!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
lambchop

Post by lambchop » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Doh! Sorry for the double post. :oops:
Last edited by lambchop on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lambchop

Post by lambchop » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:45 pm

My husband said that the blu-ray release should be in the next six months (and the trailer is on YouTube) but it may or may not be available on dvd again at that time. :) It'll be delicious on blu-ray. I agree that Fantasia is a gem and love the Pastorale and Ave Maria sequences.
Ann
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:43 am

Oh thanks so much lambchop

I can't belive it but I was getting a little misty eyed when watching that trailer. I haven't seen fantasia sequences for over a decade. Also I've been weighing the ups and downs for months on buying a blu rays dvd player (why spend all that money when it can go on make up :twisted: ) but now this is the final thing to put the blu ray on the buy list. thanks again lambchop

My fav sequence is the one at the end of fantasia of the monster with wings - priceless. I think the music is A night on bare mountain by mussorgsky but I can't be sure. Also with the sparkling fairies (or were they spreading ice), the dance of the sugar plum fairies by Tchaikovsky and who can forget the sorcerer's apprentice.

if anyone wants to see the trailer here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCHd5C5ADRg
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.