Pure Silica Powder like MUFE's HD Powder

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
Kahani

Pure Silica Powder like MUFE's HD Powder

Post by Kahani » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi Karen,

Much as I adore your Oil Control Primer I've heard great things about the oil control and finishing properties of Makeup For Ever's HD Powder which is essentially pure Silica Powder. I was wondering, since you have released pure silk powder, if it would be possible to make Pure Silica Powder available to us as well? I'd love to try it out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beauty Blogger @ http://soloverly.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Re: Pure Silica Powder like MUFE's HD Powder

Post by karen » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:22 pm

It's not a problem to release a pure silica powder- but I don't love just straight silica. Let me play with a few things...I generally feel that it needs a little something with it to make it last longer (it's ball bearings- they like to slide). It may take me a while to get it dialed-in just right.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
kitten1711

Post by kitten1711 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:03 am

Ooooh yeah, I'd like to see something like this too. Currently using a non mineral make up brand from a UK drug store which has a high % of silica in it, but lots of nasties too - just love the finish it gives though so prepared to compromise until SN can bring out something similar!
Kahani

Post by Kahani » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:03 pm

Oooh thanks Karen!

I'm actually not sure what Makeup For Ever's HD powder contains besides lots and lots of Silica! I really do have crazy oily skin and live in a humid country =(

Kaolin Clay on its own hasn't done much to help either as it contrives to dry out the surface of my skin without preventing oil breakthrough. Pure Silk powder also utterly failed on me. So I'm now looking at Silica as my next salvation. So I'm now hoping for a one-two punch of your primer underneath the foundation and silica finishing powder to work miracles!

Any hope that if you do hit on a winning formula you'll release it in a Tempt Tryst like shade? =D

zeebs

Post by zeebs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Ohhhh man! If you do end up making something like this I would order it for my hair. For those days when, um, I don't want to say that I don't shower... but for those days when I don't shower.

lol! Let us know where this goes.
luvmymakeup

Post by luvmymakeup » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:50 am

OMG Kahani!!! You read my mind! I was just going to ask for the same powder, like MUFE's HD. I've head it's pretty much pure silica, and it's results are amazing for filling in pores and giving that 'soft focus' finish. Karen, if you're listening, you could have yourself ANOTHER real winner here!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! :)

Deb
luvmymakeup

Post by luvmymakeup » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:16 am

Karen, I looked on Sephora, and they claim that its 100% silica. Would you be able to dupe the formula while still adding what you like to make it 'slip'? Would the performance be the same as what everyone seems to LOVE about MUFE's version? Oh man, this one is going to kill me to wait for!!!!!!
Kahani

Post by Kahani » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:44 am

Yay I've started a revolution!

*vibrates in place with excitment with a an eager-beagle look*

mrs_pooky

Post by mrs_pooky » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:05 pm

I've never tried MUFE's powder because of the price, but based on all the reviews, I would like to do so. I'd be even MORE inclined to try a SN version!

Daniell