Moisture Balm For Face And Neck

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
Kathleen

Moisture Balm For Face And Neck

Post by Kathleen » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:22 am

I would really love a hydrating barrier balm to pat over my face and neck. Something I can wear either over or under my makeup.
I often use a thin film of plain organic castor oil as a topper because it is so good for my skin. It feels substantial (even sticky) at first, but it lacks that hydrating "humectant" quality I need. My skin just absorbs it. Perhaps a castor oil based balm that has been oomphed up with a humectant and a few other nifty anti-aging ingredients? I would buy that :D
wonny

Re: Moisture Balm For Face And Neck

Post by wonny » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:14 pm

Oh my god that sounds so amazing, I would buy the crap out of that. I'm using SN's Kiss Foaming Cleanser, AHA, Oatmeal serum & Waxelene and Aquaphor Healing Ointment right now but somehow I'm still having dry skin issues, blegh. I can't put Aquaphor all over my face because it breaks me out in certain areas. It's so hard to find something that's moisturizing enough but doesn't break out my acne prone skin.. :cry: *Desperately looking for an affordable heavy duty moisturizer currently* Maybe the balm can have really soothing ingredients as well? Like oat..? Not sure how these things work, but calming, healing stuff would be so awesome for crazy sensitive skins like mine. Oh hey look, I lightly scratched an itch on my chin and now it's super inflamed. Awesome.
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:16 pm

I just looked at the ingredients in SN Botanical Hydration Serum. It is an all-star lineup, even for sensitive skin. The serum is nice for summer. I just wish we could have it in a super-deluxe balm form for winter (or year-round parched skin ;) )
wonny

Post by wonny » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:58 am

Kathleen wrote:I just looked at the ingredients in SN Botanical Hydration Serum. It is an all-star lineup, even for sensitive skin. The serum is nice for summer. I just wish we could have it in a super-deluxe balm form for winter (or year-round parched skin ;) )
Oh yes!!! I want the Botanical Hydration Serum so bad. :'D But I'm pretty sure I will go through the bottle lightening fast.. And I'm a little tight on the money-moneys atm. And I'm totally with you, I wish we had a super-deluxe balm form, that'd be amazing!! (I figured out how to properly use Aquaphor so my lizard skin is SO much better for now, hopefully I won't break out from using it all over my face again, but I only use it out of sheer desperation sigh. I would love a non-petroleum alternative from Silk Naturals..)

I LOVE castor oil as well! I used to use it as part of my body oil but it made um.... visit the bathroom for #2 more frequently...... :shock: so I stopped, but I use it around my eyes, on my lashes/brows, lips, etc. Love!! My brows grew back (from overplucking a decade ago that never grew back lmao) and made my lashes longer, possibly. :P
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:40 am

i wish karen would bring back the moisture magic cream!! it was the best for dry winter skin, but i found use for it all year round. it was even great as an undereye cream for the night.

kathleen and wonny: you should try mixing your favourite serum with a few drops of oil everytime you apply it. my oil of choice for this is argan oil. that way i can use the same serum in summer and in winter ;)
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:50 pm

bellatete wrote: kathleen and wonny: you should try mixing your favourite serum with a few drops of oil everytime you apply it. my oil of choice for this is argan oil. that way i can use the same serum in summer and in winter ;)
Thanks for the tip!
Kathleen
wonny

Post by wonny » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:22 pm

bellatete wrote:i wish karen would bring back the moisture magic cream!! it was the best for dry winter skin, but i found use for it all year round. it was even great as an undereye cream for the night.

kathleen and wonny: you should try mixing your favourite serum with a few drops of oil everytime you apply it. my oil of choice for this is argan oil. that way i can use the same serum in summer and in winter ;)
Oh, I haven't seen the moisture magic cream! I thought I saw it looong time ago but I don't think I ever clicked on it..

Thank you bellatete~ I use rosehip seed oil after my serum, but I think it's a "drying" oil, or at least not as thick and emollient, so I should really think about making an oil blend for thicker oils or something,, I've heard good things about argan oil! I never hunted it down because I was scared of breaking out. xD
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:29 am

Maybe a winter return of the silk, shea, and aloe? or something like it? I know we cut out the shea for allergy reasons, but it works great so if something similar works, i'd buy it.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:47 pm

Xarata wrote:Maybe a winter return of the silk, shea, and aloe? or something like it? I know we cut out the shea for allergy reasons, but it works great so if something similar works, i'd buy it.
I never tried it when it was available. I think organic castor oil makes a great base, but it needs a little something - a humectant, some anti-aging ingredients...
I am hoping for a clear balm instead of a cream or serum. Balms are better than creams for lightly patting over makeup without smearing.

Kathleen