lippie color help!

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
madison

lippie color help!

Post by madison » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:52 pm

I am completely lost on what lippies to try! I have Wham and I find that while I love the finish it has, the color doesn't suit me - maybe something sheer would be better on me. I also have Damsel and also love the finish (although it is missing the tiny bit of shimmer that I love in Wham), but I don't absolutely love the lippie on me. I also have Chloe. I like it, but I think I like the slightly glossy finishes the other lippies have more.

I want something to brighten my face up just a tiny bit. I want a very subtle color that has a teeny bit of shimmer. Like a "my lips but better" kind of thing. I don't really wear make-up often (I'm here for the skin, body and hair care stuff), so I'm in new territory. I'm lost on what color family to look into. My mom tells me I have a peachy complexion and to look for peachy/coral colors, but the issue is I've always gone for pinks, violets, and berries so I'm lost looking for a good peach or coral color for me. Or maybe a rosy pinkie color instead of a peach/coral? I have no clue. So many options! Will anyone help me out?

Here are several picturess I made into kind of a collage for easier access:
https://31.media.tumblr.com/66ad730508a ... r4ipey.png
A few older ones for good measure:
https://31.media.tumblr.com/94a7e741c90 ... r4ipey.png
And I took a few pics today even though I don't feel my best and I don't think I look it, but I'm serious about lip colors so here we go:
https://31.media.tumblr.com/4bfe6e2d46d ... r4ipey.jpg
I look like a disgruntled reindeer because the sun was shining in my face lol
https://31.media.tumblr.com/4705a463406 ... r4ipey.jpg in the kitchen
My apologies for the sulky faces in some pics - I was going through a rough time eeek
I think the picture sharing got a lil bit out of control :oops:, but hopefully it will lead to good lip color recommendations. :D Thank you!!!
catlover

Re: lippie color help!

Post by catlover » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi Madison, I am thinking clandestine( peachy coral) gold blush (very sheer pinkish w/t gold shimmer) , raindrops on roses (rose w/t gold shimmer)
madison

Post by madison » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:31 am

hi, catlover! thank you for your help. all 3 have been put in my cart to be purchased tomorrow!
madison

Post by madison » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:52 pm

hi! in case anyone else is reading this, i kind of went crazy placing lippies in my cart. i want to get the ones catlover suggested, but i want to eliminate a few. here's what i have besides those 3:
strawberry fields
bloomfield
tease
shock
soft
believer
innocent
doll
cherry bomb blush (i'm going to use this on my lips)

anyone want to help?
catlover

Post by catlover » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi again Maidson
soft is nice .. it is a cooler pink and although sheer it still has good colour pay off and no shimmer. strawberry fields is also a great one its sheer without any shimmer and provides a really nice pop of colour. Bloomfield is a milky peach coral toned shade, sort of bright and the colour is quite opaque...i did notice that it tends to migrate outside of the lips easily and the colour although opaque applied a bit patchy.
Since you like shimmer I will also recommend Betty, one of my favs ,the green shimmer just adds some uniqueness to it. You may also like Frenzy a peach shade with pink and purple shimmer. Hope this helps! :)
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:39 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Bloomfield either, it becomes sort of a very opaque salmon pink on me. If you're looking for an easier to wear peachy/coral, I agree you might want to check out Frenzy and also Allure-both beautiful and pretty similar, one minty, one not.

Soft is a pretty safe color, I think pretty much everyone could pull this one off-it's very subtle, but not super exciting if you prefer a pop of color. If you like berries, Believer is one of my absolute favorites. I also like innocent for a lighter pink. I haven't tried shock or tease, but Strawberry Fields is a must-have for me! It's somewhat neutral, maybe slightly warm sheer red-it can really brighten up your whole look!
madison

Post by madison » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:16 pm

i went ahead and ordered everything. :lol: i got my stuff today and i'm happy! i was most excited about soft, so i tried that first and i love it. very subtle and pretty. after i try everything on i'll probably leave reviews to help someone else out.

thank you guys for the suggestions! i will keep them in mind for my next order. :twisted: i'm thinking of buying SN stocks.
Charz

Post by Charz » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:48 am

I see if you've already ordered :) Glad you like Soft, it was one of my old favourites, very subtle and pretty. For your next order I'd suggest looking at Bustle (sheer coral with glossy finish) and Blushberry (sheer watermelon pink with glossy finish). They look bright in swatches, but are easy to wear because of their sheerness. I think they'd both look lovely and subtle on you.

ETA: Oh, and Darling is a popular one! If you're still looking for a sheer peachy pink shade. It has a very subtle bit of shimmer in it and is lighter/nuder than the other ones I've mentioned, but very natural, not 'statement-nude' at all.