New Lippies

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
MBlovesSN

New Lippies

Post by MBlovesSN » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:17 pm

I have been using SN for almost six years now, and love all of the lippies I have bought. I haven't bought any in a while though, and would like a few new colors. Out of all of the still produced colors, I have Sultry, Bravado, Maiden, Jaybird, Nectar, and Caramel. I think the majority of what I have are now discontinued colors (including my beloved Ginny, La-Dee-Da, Sea Breeze, Say It Ain't So, and Prelude). Does anyone have recommendations for new lippies for a neutral light to medium golden olive skin tone girl? Anything besides pastels and super cool or super orange colors should be fine. Thanks in advance!
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
MayteiGreenBeauty

Re: New Lippies

Post by MayteiGreenBeauty » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:04 am

I have a similar coloring. I recommend Petticoat, Eternal, St. Tropez (as a gloss), and Creole.
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:51 pm

MayteiGreenBeauty wrote:I have a similar coloring. I recommend Petticoat, Eternal, St. Tropez (as a gloss), and Creole.
Thanks for responding! I wasn't sure if anyone would as the forum is not as active as it once was. I was looking at Petticoat recently and have been eyeing Eyernal forever. So Petticoat is not too pink for our skin tone? Some wrong shades of pink make me look sickly. Creole looks great for summer and I actually have St.Tropez in the old gloss form but I think I probably need to toss it :_(
Favorites

MayteiGreenBeauty

Post by MayteiGreenBeauty » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:03 pm

No, Petticoat is not too pink--it has some nude/brown in it making it more of a neutral than blue-toned pink. I do love Creole in the summer!
MayteiGreenBeauty

Post by MayteiGreenBeauty » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:33 pm

I just looked at my SN collection and Roberta is a great neutral, too, because of its nude base. All-In is also nice, but it's much darker (almost vampy) than the other colors I suggested.
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:53 pm

MayteiGreenBeauty wrote:I just looked at my SN collection and Roberta is a great neutral, too, because of its nude base. All-In is also nice, but it's much darker (almost vampy) than the other colors I suggested.
Have you tried Marsala or 90s? Just wondering how they compare to All-In. All of them sound nice; just wondering if they differ enough to get each one.
Favorites

MayteiGreenBeauty

Post by MayteiGreenBeauty » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:03 pm

I don't have 90s (although it looks like a great shade), but I do have Marsala. All-In is much more plummy than Marsala which is a unique mix of red, cool-toned brown, and plum. Marsala is very different from All-In in my opinion. Marsala makes my teeth look very white which I'm assuming means it is more cool-toned than All-In.
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:10 pm

MayteiGreenBeauty wrote:I don't have 90s (although it looks like a great shade), but I do have Marsala. All-In is much more plummy than Marsala which is a unique mix of red, cool-toned brown, and plum. Marsala is very different from All-In in my opinion. Marsala makes my teeth look very white which I'm assuming means it is more cool-toned than All-In.
Darn guess I'll have to get all three eventually. If you end up getting any more lippies that are new to you and you discover you like them, let me know since we have similar skin tones.

I think I am going to try Shenanigans, Priceless, 90s, Aria, and All-in this time around. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the great descriptions!
Favorites

MayteiGreenBeauty

Post by MayteiGreenBeauty » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:49 am

I forgot about Aria--the color is a beautiful YLBB shade in me and the formula is great for really cold days. I do have Shenanigans, but I didn't like it as much as I hoped. It pulls a little too pink on me. Good luck and please let me know how you like them!

Btw, have you tried the Nourish tints? The Blackberry one is nice and Ripple is decent.
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:01 pm

MayteiGreenBeauty wrote:I forgot about Aria--the color is a beautiful YLBB shade in me and the formula is great for really cold days. I do have Shenanigans, but I didn't like it as much as I hoped. It pulls a little too pink on me. Good luck and please let me know how you like them!

Btw, have you tried the Nourish tints? The Blackberry one is nice and Ripple is decent.
So, I went with something a little different than when I last posted. I ended up getting Aria, Cherry Black, and the One of Each Palette, which contains Bobbi, Eternal, Subdude Nude, 90s, and Lingonberry. That way I can try a new Nourish Lip Tint (per your suggestion), a new Hyper Gloss, and I believe a new Velvet Matte. I haven't tried anything on yet but I am going to try to post pictures and/or thoughts as I wear them in case anyone else is interested.
Favorites