Closest to Bare Minerals Fairly Light?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
lovesilk

Closest to Bare Minerals Fairly Light?

Post by lovesilk » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi, I've used SN Ebony. I still have an old sample of BM Fairly Light from when I used that. This tone seems to brighten me up just a bit better (even when I compare with one on each side of my face), although if it were slightly lighter would even be better.., so I wondered what color / mix would do well to match that tone?

Rundown: I'm fair, and have always been very hard to match since my skin is sort of a combo of cool, neutral, and warm.

Too cool = my face will be too pink and won't match my neck mostly because most cool tones have a lot of pink beige-ness, whereas my neck is a cream.

Too much beige amplifies uneven tone or marks.

Too warm = my face will be too yellow, but slightly warm is OK.

Too neutral = my face will be flat and dull, so that is when I need a little pink.

My neck is more cream toned, whereas my cheeks have a soft natural pink glow which when missing (if using a neutral for example, I need to put a little pink back to the cheeks or it just doesn't look right). And my under-eye area is ivory. Hope that helps.

Thank you!
JenW

Re: Closest to Bare Minerals Fairly Light?

Post by JenW » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:40 am

Try Olive. Blend at about 1 scoop color to about 14 scoops white and maybe more.

(Yes, I too am a Fairly Light! LOL!)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com