Any lippie/blush/shadow suggestions

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
wonny

Any lippie/blush/shadow suggestions

Post by wonny » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi everyone! I was hoping for some color suggestions. I bought some already from Karen's suggestions but I want more! :lol: I'm going to try to attach some photos to this. :D

I wear Lucy Minerals in 1:7 Snow White:half&half mix of Golden Medium and Medium Olive, Silk Naturals HD Cream foundation in G40/50, and Physicians Formula Super CC+ cream in Light.

I am confused about my undertone and what colors I should get. I'm on a budget so that's why I want to be more careful instead of putting every color SN offers into my cart.

I thought I was warm my whole makeup-wearing life (I always wore whatever colors my warmer-toned sister & mother got), and also because I matched G40/50 in SN foundation. But I showed several pictures of me with 5 other people with different undertones to this very helpful person who wrote this article (http://musicalhouses.blogspot.com/2010/ ... ll-if.html), and she said that I am probably a neutral olive, cooler when paler and warmer when tanner. She also said I could probably wear a lot of colors on either side of the spectrum but I might want to avoid extremely cool shades. Maybe I'm just picky, but I feel like I don't look good in a lot of colors..? Karen said I would look good in neutrals and purples. I thought most purples are cool shades..? I don't know, I think I'm still warm undertoned ? So confused!!!

I am still having a hard time picking out colors even with all these great advice. I love SN's blushes and lippies, and I'm a beginner on eyeshadows so I don't know much about it. Please help! I can post more info about the colors I DO have if you need it. :)

Related questions...:
- If I were to pick a quad to start out with, would the Elegant Brown Quad be a better fit for my skin tone or the Juiced, Cloudberry, Sweet Tea, and Harris? I have this Wet 'N' Wild Walking on Eggshells trio, and the bronzey/peachy(?) "eyelid" color really brightens up my eyes, so I thought maybe Cloudberry was a similar color?
- The area around my mouth is always so ashy T-T I don't know what to do. Would the medium peach concealer help? Sorry I don't know a ton about makeup color theory..
- Would Eu-Taupe-Ia make a good contour color for me..? Or should I pick up another color or Tahiti Sweetie..?

EDIT: OOPS I MEANT EYELID COLOR NOT CREASE LMAO
Attachments
Lucy Minerals foundation + Basalt on brows/as liner.
Lucy Minerals foundation + Basalt on brows/as liner.
SN 1.jpg (16.11 KiB) Viewed 2607 times
Physicians Formula CC+ cream, homemade/crap version of SN ULTP, Basalt on brows, Boom on lids, Diablo on cheeks, Pretty Please on lips. Bright outside today!
Physicians Formula CC+ cream, homemade/crap version of SN ULTP, Basalt on brows, Boom on lids, Diablo on cheeks, Pretty Please on lips. Bright outside today!
SN 2.jpg (18.21 KiB) Viewed 2607 times
Same as above.
Same as above.
SN 3.jpg (21.45 KiB) Viewed 2607 times
wonny

Re: Any lippie/blush/shadow suggestions

Post by wonny » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:56 am

Just got Tart in the mail today and it is SOOOOOOOoOo beautiful i'm eating my tears right now
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:58 am

wonny wrote: Related questions...:
- If I were to pick a quad to start out with, would the Elegant Brown Quad be a better fit for my skin tone or the Juiced, Cloudberry, Sweet Tea, and Harris? I have this Wet 'N' Wild Walking on Eggshells trio, and the bronzey/peachy(?) "eyelid" color really brightens up my eyes, so I thought maybe Cloudberry was a similar color?
- The area around my mouth is always so ashy T-T I don't know what to do. Would the medium peach concealer help? Sorry I don't know a ton about makeup color theory..
- Would Eu-Taupe-Ia make a good contour color for me..? Or should I pick up another color or Tahiti Sweetie..?
I agree with Karen on the purples......but I also like the quad you chose with Juiced, Cloudberry, Seet Tea, and Harris! Start small and add things in later.

Ashyness around the mouth....have you tried exfoliation and adding an oil like jojoba?

Since you can get a sample of Tahiti Sweetie, start there for looking for a contour!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
wonny

Post by wonny » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:12 am

JenW wrote: I agree with Karen on the purples......but I also like the quad you chose with Juiced, Cloudberry, Seet Tea, and Harris! Start small and add things in later.

Ashyness around the mouth....have you tried exfoliation and adding an oil like jojoba?

Since you can get a sample of Tahiti Sweetie, start there for looking for a contour!
Thank you SO much for answering Jen! I was hoping you would. :P :oops: (Maybe I'm just hanging on this undertone thing a little too much instead of embrace going with the flow!) Then I think I want to try some purple lippies and blushes the next haul! Ooh, thank you! I'll definitely get those. The finish looks AMAZING. I used Adorn today and it's such a great brightener. Just need to get Stick 'Em to bring out the duochrome more. :P Gosh, I swear, once I finish my degree I'm going to get literally everything SN offers. :roll: REGRET NOTHING.

Yes ashyness.. T-T Oh! I just started doing the 8% AHA and oatmeal serum and I've been using rosehip oil for a while now. I think that should help then? I don't know if it's the AHA or the oatmeal or both, but my skin looks INSTANTLY better since using them & my oil absorbs SO MUCH better. Before it would just sit on the surface and be oily.. I can't wait to try the vitamin c serums someday.

Okay I will pick up Tahiti Sweetie as well, I really have no idea where to start for contouring, haha. I tried Eu-Taupe-Ia yesterday to contour and it looked like dirt on my nose.. I tried Cryptic just for fun and although that wasn't right either (really dark), it at least looked like a better color match than Eu-Taupe-Ia on my nose.

AH makeup why must you be so BEAUTIFUL AND TEMPTING.

EDIT: I must ALSO SAY. The pink blending sponge is CHANGING MY LIFE. I need to keep myself contained but I can't right now, because it makes my face look SO MUCH MORE FLAWLESS. IT LOOKS LIKE MY SKIN. But better. Much, much better.