Deeper than Card Shark?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
kendramac

Deeper than Card Shark?

Post by kendramac » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:55 pm

Hi ladies! I'm new to this forum, and to SN, but I got my first order in the other day and I'm already making a list of more things to get!
So, I ordered Card Shark thinking it would be a nice deep, dark-ish red. And it is a nice red, but on me it turns out to be like a classic, neutral red. Which is great!
But I'm still looking for a nice deep color. Doesn't have to be red, because I think Card Shark is a deep as it gets in that department. I'm interested in All In, or maybe Eternal. I do like a nice plum color.
For reference, things tend to turn quite warm on me. I also purchased Rapturous, and it looks almost brick-colored on me!
Any suggestions welcome :)
And any suggestions for a MLBB color for me would be awesome too! ;)

Here's a pic of Card Shark- before blotting or anything.

Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_20141011_133317.jpg
IMG_20141011_133317.jpg (147.58 KiB) Viewed 7175 times
kchalbi

Re: Deeper than Card Shark?

Post by kchalbi » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:06 am

Wow, Card Shark looks much deeper than that on me! I actually found All In to be a little lighter than Card Shark. I haven't tried this myself, but you could try mixing a little Bam (the black lippie) in with Card Shark or other colors to deepen them with no warmth. Or put a light layer of Bam on first (the way some people use concealer to lighten their natural lips before applying color). You may also want to check out Mayhem.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 am

Yes...Cardshark is VERY dark. Could you email me through the website, and I'll get this sorted out for you?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
kendramac

Post by kendramac » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi! I just saw this reply now. The site says I may be too new to use the email feature..? I tried clicking on your profile to see if I could contact you from there, but it didn't show any info listed. (Sorry, still figuring this part of the site out).

-Kendra
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:20 am

kendramac wrote:Hi! I just saw this reply now. The site says I may be too new to use the email feature..? I tried clicking on your profile to see if I could contact you from there, but it didn't show any info listed. (Sorry, still figuring this part of the site out).

-Kendra
Kendra-
Email through the "Contact Us" page on the website rather than the forum.

http://www.silknaturals.com/store/index.php/contacts/
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com