Naked Basics Palette Clones

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
makeupgeek

Naked Basics Palette Clones

Post by makeupgeek » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:04 pm

What are the undertones like for the two palettes? Which one is cooler? Supposedly the Naked2 Basics is cooler, but Karen says it's really not? I get that none of UD's palettes are particularly cool (even many of the clone colors for the Naked 2 and even 3 have golden/bronze hints). Is this true of the nude palettes too? And how do they compare in undertones to the SN Greatest hits nude palette?
JenW

Re: Naked Basics Palette Clones

Post by JenW » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:07 am

I found the Naked 2 Basics shades a little warmer than I expected, too. It translates as slightly pinker than the Naked Basics, but for some reason, it is not as neutral. Some of the pink reads slightly peachy, which tends to look warm, especially for a truly cool toned person. I kind of feel that way about the Naked 3 palette, too. I would not really call it cool, just nude leaning pink. Some of the shades are bronzy and golden pinkish neutrals. If you asked me to pick the cooler toned of the NB1 and NB2, I would go with 1.

I think this is the reason Karen even considered our own nude palette. If she did not see a need for it, she would not have done it. I don't think all the shades can considered truly cool, either, but definitely runs a little cooler than NB2. Cutie Pie is the only shade that isn't cool toned, but a yellow is essential for brightening.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com