The new Sponge

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
fairyfli

The new Sponge

Post by fairyfli » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:04 am

Ok all, I am not sure how to use the new sponge super excited about it but am not sure how to use it... some sponges people say that you need to let them soak for about 15 min so they double in size and some say just dampen the sponge? Which method do you use? Also how do you clean the sponge? Are people getting good results using the foundation with sponge... I want a more creamy foundation and that is why I bought the sponge. Please help me! :)
kchalbi

Re: The new Sponge

Post by kchalbi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:48 am

I'm wondering this too! I've tried just dampening the sponge, then dipping into foundation-but I'm not getting as good of coverage while at the same time I'm using a lot more product than I do with my brush! I'd love to hear any advice on this!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:14 am

I ran mine under warm water, and kept wetting and squishing it until it grew- they get quite big. Then I dip the sponge in the All-purpose foundation (the only one that works well applied wet) and apply. I do tend to use more foundation, but it also applies it heavier for me.

The other thing I've had success with is putting it on with a brush, and then using the sponge to blend everything together.
I just add a little drop of cleanser to clean it.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:39 pm

I doesn't have to be "soaked" but like karen said, squishing it under running water will get it nice and wet and it will plump up quite a bit. Then you squeeze the extra water out so it's just damp, rather than soaked and dip it in powder. You can squeeze it to redampen or you can also spray it with a hydrosol to keep it at the dampness level you like.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com