Primer v4

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
egerandi

Primer v4

Post by egerandi » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:09 pm

So far like it much better than v2. The latter was creating weird patches no matter how I applied, or if I waited to dry or not. V4 goes on smoother, no patches, and has great staying power. I kept checking yesterday and didn't crease at all into the evening: 8am-10pm. I had somewhat shimmery shadows on, like Pink Twink, and the payoff was gorgeous.

Today I'm wearing First Kiss, and so far so good. Matte stays matte and no darkening that I can tell. Maybe I start wearing eye shadows again, more often: it just takes less time to apply with this version and no need to go back and correct and rub off the dry patch and stuff.
Trainer

Re: Primer v4

Post by Trainer » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:33 pm

Oh that sounds great! If I order the primer today will I get Version 4? Thanks!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:35 pm

v4 is a gumball...so we're still testing it/looking for feedback on it. The one that's on the site now is the one that we've stocked for a few years.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
selki

Post by selki » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:15 am

I really like v.4!! I did a side-by-side test using v.1 on one eye & v.4 on the other eye, & v.4 is the clear winner. The application was smooth & easy (though I didn't have any application issues with v.1 either), the eyeshadow colors were more vibrant, & v.4 had less creasing & fading than v.1 did. Actually, I didn't have any noticable creasing with v.4, though I did eventually have a little bit of fading.

@Karen: I hope you make this version permanent!!
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous
aud

Post by aud » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:32 am

Finally roadtested the V4 primer today.

Here's a morning and evening photo. I was both in and out of the airconditioned office quite a bit on a hot and humid day. The lighting's a bit different owing to the different times of the day, though both were taken in natural light and without flash. I have oily lids so I had on Indelible ES in Bare Necessity as a base before dabbing on the SN primer + ES. Mostly off brand ES except for York in the outer Vee and much blended out. I had about 8+ hours of wear when I took the evening photos. I thought the colours stayed mostly the same and there's only slight creasing which is standard for most primers I've tried. Between the V1 and V4 application wise, I didn't notice too much of a difference except maybe less of a cooling effect with V4? The amount used was about the same - a tiny blob. I thought V4 dried slightly faster than V1. My ES blended pretty easily with both V1 & 4. I think V4's slightly longer lasting than V1 as well. So yes, V4 is definitely worth purchasing :)

MorningImage

Evening
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
cargoee

Post by cargoee » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:46 pm

I've tried this a week or two now and I have to say that I think this is my favorite eye primer!

I will begin by saying that this is the first SN primer I've tried. I wasn't on the ball enough to get and of the other versions before they were sold out. But I have TFSI, Pixie Epoxy and like 3 or 4 other ones. For everyday normal applications, I like this SN v.4 best!
(**Note -Pixie Epoxy is great for making a liner pop but to me it's WAY too much work to deal with for whole eye application. Yeah on a hot night out, sure! But it's just more difficult to work with overall for everyday use, for me. I only use it for lining with loose powders if I want greater wow factor.)

I really like how SN v.4 applies. I have no problem getting it on with no streaks or pills. It's easily workable. I appreciate that it dries clear on me. I don't have to worry that if I'm not covered lid to brow with color, I've got an odd shade showing up that's not a perfect skin match. My shadows apply nicely and last. I have had no creasing. I get a great color payoff. It has not bothered my sensitive eyes. (This is a HUGE issue for me.) Overall I really like everything about this primer. It's definitely a hands down winner in my book, and I want to always have it.
Thanks Karen! It's a great product!
~ Jennifer ~
1 olive:17 ivory:1/2 ebony / Splendid, Tempt Tryst or Date Bait / Satisfied ♥