Getting too much product on brush?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
nellislica

Getting too much product on brush?

Post by nellislica » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:09 am

hi all

I just tried my sample size makeup and I keep rubbing into the same problem of getting too much product on my brushes. The eyeshadows are manageable but the bronzer and the blusher :shock: I used the Tahiti sweetie bronzer and the heavenly glow and I have really dark cheeks now! I tried applying the heavenly glow with a stippling brush, with much better results but perhaps the pigmentation is strong, for the effect is a bit strong for my liking.

This is my first time using loose powder so I'll appreciate any tips! Should I use synthetic brushes etc? I tip a bit of the pigment onto the lid of the product and apply from there.
JenW

Re: Getting too much product on brush?

Post by JenW » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:24 am

A few tips....

Rather than using the lid, find a small bowl. Look for a sauce bowl, or a condiment bowl that has an inside that is kind of domed. This way, you put a little product in the bottom of the bowl and can more evenly load your brush. Also, it is a good idea to tap the handle of the brush on the side of the bowl so that it knocks off the excess product.

Try a dual fibered brush for blush and bronzers. This type of brush usually has long white bristles, and some shorter bristles to keep the longer ones supported and spaced out for light application.

My best trick for applying less....dab it off on a towel first or sometimes I even do that on my hand before applying blush/bronzer to my face, as hands are easily washable.

I am sure there are more ideas.....
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Xarata

Re: Getting too much product on brush?

Post by Xarata » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:40 pm

I second the fiber optic brush for blush/bronzer colors. Any blush labeled "sheer" should be okay with your regular brush, but the others are pretty pigmented. I really only use a couple grains of color, swirl the foptic in the lid and then apply with a light hand.

The shadow really is just a matter of tapping off the excess and maybe doing a swipe on the back of your hand first.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com