Test product review

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
robinbird_22

Re: Test product review

Post by robinbird_22 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Here's my review:

Cream liner - I really liked this. I haven't tried a FS of the original SN cream liner, so I can't compare to that. I have a Tarte clay liner and an ELF cream liner that I can compare with though. I like this better than the two I already have. It was firm, but that seemed like a good thing to me because I could get an even coating on my brush that became an even coating on my eye. The two that I am comparing it to are much softer, and I have a hard time getting a nice line with them.

Primer - I have v2, but I didn't get v1. I like it 3 better than 2. 2 went on a little chalky in spots for me, and I have issues with it getting stuck in the dropper too. V3 comes out easily and applies smoothly. I've worn it for a full day without issues.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:05 am

My review for the cream liner is that works good for a all over lid color but even after removing the top layer it was still not applying very well for the liner. I have four or five of the others and they did not give me the difficulty as this one did. The color play off was very light. And the primer had creased on me within a few hours.
Thanks Karen for doing the mac it was a joy to get through the winter months. :D :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:02 pm

I agree about the pigment- I always want more.
Do you have a guess as to why it might have failed? Do you have oily lids? The only difference between the version you have and the first version is the silica- the percentages of everything else is the same. Hmmm....good to know we have a failure point.

With primers I know that it's not going to work for everyone- there are folks who crease UDPP, or, or, or- so it's a matter of either changing the formula, or making sure we describe it right so we let folks know who it won't work for.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
LT16

Post by LT16 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:53 am

Karen - I just received the gumball Stick Em Primer in the mail yesterday. The label says Version 4. So, is the one in the MAC package a different version? It's Version 3?

I thought the one in the MAC and the most recent gumball one was the same? No?
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:58 am

It is version 4...Version 1 was the original gumball, version 2 was one that we released on the site, version 3 went to the MAC gals, version 4 is another gumball.

So far, I'm liking version 4 a lot- I'm a bit iffier as to the staying power of it on everyone, but I like the way it makes shadows look. The "pop" of color is back.
LT16

Post by LT16 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Oh okay. For some reason I thought they were both the same version.

I was reading the feedback for V.3 thinking it was V.4. Ha!
fairyfli

Post by fairyfli » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Ohhh :o I did not know the gumball version is version 4... must get it now ;) ... espicially if it makes the colors pop... I do like version 3 which is my review see above but I can't wait to try it against version 4 thanks for the clarification!
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:28 pm

karen wrote:I agree about the pigment- I always want more.
Do you have a guess as to why it might have failed? Do you have oily lids? The only difference between the version you have and the first version is the silica- the percentages of everything else is the same. Hmmm....good to know we have a failure point.

With primers I know that it's not going to work for everyone- there are folks who crease UDPP, or, or, or- so it's a matter of either changing the formula, or making sure we describe it right so we let folks know who it won't work for.
Karen, I have to change my review on the cream liner of the mac. I had a horrible sty and when I went back to putting some eye MU on I went with my more natural items and used a different eye liner bush to apply. ( I have only ever had 2 of them in my life and this had my eye swollen shut and went down to my cheek :twisted: :twisted: :cry: ) Well now that I have gotten all healed up I use my regular e/l brush ( I used a very soft one that was a newer brush) and it was the brush not the newer version of the cream liner. The color is even better. So with all that I say they are just as good as my others.

And as to the primer... I have normal to dry skin and I have been using the intensive moisturizer ( my 1st bottle ) with more oils in it and that could be the culprit too. :)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:11 am

Ouch!!! That's no fun- yuck. I'm glad to hear it's clearing up.

Thank you so much for posting- that's immensely immensely helpful. It could be the richer oils- pomegranate in particular doesn't like to soak in, but I suspect it's a polarity issue (if you have insomnia I'll explain it to you sometime). Now I have something to test for!!!!! You've just totally made my little geeky day :D

Eureka! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The version 4 came as a brain flash, an afterthought- it's a minor change, but for me, it's making the difference. Getting feedback on each of them is great so I can track little things here and there. I think you've put me onto something very key, and am so grateful to everyone who takes the time to post.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:01 pm

You are welcome. I was glad to see that my normal application was the issue with the liner. I do love the Intensive moisturizer a tad better now that I got it. With the Ohio winters much like yours and being 50 it makes a different. I need all the help I can get...LOL And I do see that the extra oil could make it a balance with the primer too. LOL happy to have made your geeky day. Thanks for being very creative in all that you do. :)