Test product review

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
ladycattat

Re: Test product review

Post by ladycattat » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi ladies...will try to write a detailed review in the next day or two....hubby has been home since Friday with a cold, and as most of you ladies know, men are worse than kids when they are sick!
xx
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:04 am

Ugh- yes they are. I hope he feels better soon!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Angie

Post by Angie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:48 am

I tested the new liner a few times. It's firmer than I expected and the colour transfer is more difficult than expected. I had to swipe a few times to get the colour on my brush.

Asphalt seems to be too light to work as a liner for me (it is less intense on my lids than in the pod) and I tried using it as an eyeshadow. I did not apply any primer (usually I do not unless I need my shadows to last me extra long) and the colour wore off after a while.
Simply Me

Post by Simply Me » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm not sure how much of a help I can be with the eye liners since I don't usually wear it. I didn't have any problems with getting them on the brushes that I have but both are firmer. I liked the fact that they didn't transfer to my upper eye area. This was also with out me setting them so I was very happy with that.
When I first tried v.4 of the primer I liked it just like with v.3 but it did make the shadows "pop" a bit. Then the next time I used it I had really bad creasing. From playing with both side to side for a bit I realized that for me to be happy with v.4 I have to use the tiniest bit and then the shadows don't crease.
cargoee

Post by cargoee » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:09 pm

I also posted this primer review in egerandi's thread :)

I've tried this a week or two now and I have to say that I think this is my favorite eye primer!

I will begin by saying that this is the first SN primer I've tried. I wasn't on the ball enough to get and of the other versions before they were sold out. But I have TFSI, Pixie Epoxy and like 3 or 4 other ones. For everyday normal applications, I like this SN v.4 best!
(**Note -Pixie Epoxy is great for making a liner pop but to me it's WAY too much work to deal with for whole eye application. Yeah on a hot night out, sure! But it's just more difficult to work with overall for everyday use, for me. I only use it for lining with loose powders if I want greater wow factor.)

I really like how SN v.4 applies. I have no problem getting it on with no streaks or pills. It's easily workable. I appreciate that it dries clear on me. I don't have to worry that if I'm not covered lid to brow with color, I've got an odd shade showing up that's not a perfect skin match. My shadows apply nicely and last. I have had no creasing. I get a great color payoff. It has not bothered my sensitive eyes. (This is a HUGE issue for me.) Overall I really like everything about this primer. It's definitely a hands down winner in my book, and I want to always have it.
Thanks Karen! It's a great product!

I also got the Asphalt cream liner gumball and I have to admit I am totally in love with it. I think I have worn it every day I've done makeup since I got it. I am fair skin with dark hair and this is a very nice neutral for me. It goes great with many shadows. Yes, it has a bit harder consistency than the other two cream liners I have from SN but I almost prefer it, because it doesn't cream all over my eyes then. I have had transfer from peacock, when I blink it has ended up above the crease and I've had to blend it off.

I applied with the Studio Tools from Target angled liner brush. I just swirl around on top and I get enough product to line with. I use it on the top lashline and also under the bottom. I have not waterlined with it. I have super sensitive eyes and generally don't waterline. (But now I wonder how this would work for that? I'll have to try it and see if my eyes can take it).
So the consistency worked fine for me, I am not against it at all. In fact, if no one wants theirs, I would love to have one in my purse too, LOL
I think this color is so pretty and is a very go-to color for me. Asphalt - My liner flavor of the moment!
~ Jennifer ~
1 olive:17 ivory:1/2 ebony / Splendid, Tempt Tryst or Date Bait / Satisfied ♥
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Sorry this took me so darn long!

I do have to say that that for the first two days I tried the the v4 primer I considered it a complete and abject fail. And I thought to myself...well, why....? My eyelids are not oily. I don't usually have problems with eyeshadow fading on me. My eyelids are not crepey....exactly....but I am 48, so I do get that crease-y thing after a few hours. So I reexamined my process. I realized that the brush I had used to put it on was the same one that I used to put on a off label brand cream eyeshadow as a base before. So, ok, found a new clean brush.(Sorry, got a thing about using my fingers in make-up, it just icks me out)
So, using the new brush, I applied a tiny layer, smoothed it out, and let it dry.(I do my eyebrows while it's drying)
After that, I did my eyeshadows the same way I do normally, foiled, and they have been lasting me a good 10-12 hours, which is more than anybody has a right to expect their eyeshadow to perform. I didn't have any problems blending my shadows, or losing any of the *sparkles* or *pop*.
I also think that just brushing a bit of your foundation on your eyelids before you start gives everything a good canvas.
Now, about Asphalt cream liner. I love it. I haven't used any other eyeliner since I received this one. I think the color is just gorgeous.....it's not too light for me. I am fair, yellow based, with hazel eyes, and hair that changes color from brunette to red to blondette, depending what kind of hair modeling jobs I get.
I have no issues with the texture....it applies easily to the brush I use. I never wetline, so that isn't an issue. I never had a full size of any of the other cream shadows so I can't compare.
I was so happy that I was actually able to jump in and get these gumballs. This was my first time, and I grabbed me some winners!
HTH,
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger