Hawaii & Harry Potter Collections are live!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
selki

Re: Hawaii & Harry Potter Collections are live!

Post by selki » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:17 am

I'm so sad. :( I just tried to place a small order, but PayPal wouldn't take my coupon code & the SN site wouldn't let me try again, so now I have to wait to finish placing my order. I had so hoped to get Mango by Friday... *bottom lip quiver*

On a more upbeat note, the new collections look great!

Xarata, you're so funny. Definitely spread the orders into 3, so you can get the new GWP each week.
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous
selki

Post by selki » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:45 am

Happy, happy news!!!!! :D :o :D

Karen was able to get my order issue resolved this morning, so my order will still ship today!!! YIPPEE!!!! *happy dance* You really have to love such wonderful customer service.

Now I just have to try to be patient until Friday...
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Sam, it's positively hilarious how similar our thought process is sometimes... :lol: I haven't decided how to divide my orders up yet, or even WHERE to ship them. Being houseless when there's a new collection is such fail... :roll:
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:17 pm

Quick comparison for the Buttercreams:
2010augBCcomp by JenW70, on Flickr
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:38 pm

JenW wrote:Quick comparison for the Buttercreams:
I made the mistake on clicking on the image which took me to more of Jen's swatches on Flickr, and not only must I buy the two new buttercreams, but I also decided I cannot live without Cherry Crush. Oh well :D
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Xarata wrote:ahem

:mrgreen:

Ramblings of a Makeup Junkie

I'm trying to convince myself that I really ought to split my order up into $10 ish sizes for several weeks since i don't have the MAC coming, but I've never shown such restraint with a collection release before-they usually go up at 1 or 2 am and i proceed to order them in their entirety before they're all even technically posted... Someone help me convince myself that this is the logical intelligent and ultimately most satifying? (looks doubtful) thing to do...

eta: ::bites lower lip:: maybe i could wait until saturday when the GWP changes since i already placed a small order for cleo, but reward myself by ordering it ALL on saturday...maybe...

eta: ...but i have thursday off...and i'm going to be bored...and i'm going to want to have them...hmph...

must.show.restraint. ::crosses arms, plops on the floor, and pouts::

eta: currently placating myself by prioritizing which items i simply must have first... So far i have mango at the top and pacific at the bottom (ya know, cuz it's blue and blue and i don't get along so great)...

okay so that took 5 minutes... (Mango, Ginny, Lychee, Ginger, Phoenix, Mahalo, Teacher’s pet, Aloha, Dark Arts, Delacour, Envoy, Hibiscus, Guava, Hero, Pacific) Maybe i could just order mango and ginny and hold me over...

::gleeful mischievious smile:: of course i DO have to order ALL of it before the 10th...because i want it to make its impact on the AFAW benefit...I can split it up into 3 orders. yes i think i can. one for instant gratification, one for saturday, and one for september 4th...yes i can do that... ::rubs hands greedily::
Do it, do it, do it. Just think "what would Sam do" (fav SN saying) teehee.

I on the other hand am waiting for my birthday........ in october..........the 27th................which is two months away!!!!!!!!!! :o Still doing the whole "i'll cut back on make up and mum will quite smoking thing". Yes and this will last until I can find something else I want for my birthday, then it's all "what would you do" - buy, buy, buy teehee :twisted:
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Congratulations to both winners!

...soooo, is there anything in it for the one who started the whole idea of a contest in the first place? Haha, just kidding, never mind...I`ll go and hide in the corner now :roll:

I can`t order anything myself unfortunately, but checked them out and they are lovely colors, and all the swatches are good and shows off teh colors very well.
Last edited by MyLavenderHeart on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:09 pm

LOL I'm not sure to get Hibiscus or Azalea...hummm just get them both...LOL :lol: :lol:
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:07 pm

4wheel wrote:
LOL I'm not sure to get Hibiscus or Azalea...hummm just get them both...LOL :lol: :lol:
I already have Azalea, but I think I MUST have Hibiscus, too...a girl can never have too many pink lippies, right? (And if you think she can, I don't want to know!)
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Ladybug914 wrote:
4wheel wrote:
I already have Azalea, but I think I MUST have Hibiscus, too...a girl can never have too many pink lippies, right? (And if you think she can, I don't want to know!)
I with you L-bug... one can always have MORE THAN ENOUGH pink lippies :lol: :lol: :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!