Creamy concealers

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
SweetBecka

Creamy concealers

Post by SweetBecka » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:31 pm

What is everyone's opinion? I really like the extra light peach one that I got better than the powder except it needs to be just a touch creamier. Mine is awfully hard but it doesn't make my fine lines show up like the powder does so I really hope it goes into production soon. :D
Ladybug914

Re: Creamy concealers

Post by Ladybug914 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:35 pm

It was hard to apply and I felt like I was pulling at my already kind of fragile under eye skin. If it could be just a little more creamy, I think it would be wonderful.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:16 pm

i've tried a few versions of SN concealer and this one is my favorite (the others were TOO soft/creamy). I did find this one just a tad too hard for applying but i don't know where the happy medium in texture lies. Like I said, i prefer this harder version over the super creamy versions (which get kind of troublesome in summer and don't apply as evenly as i'd like). Overall, I would buy this version, though i would still like it in yellow.

eta: for color preference- i vote for the light peach and would love/also buy yellow.
Last edited by Xarata on Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:30 pm

It is really firm...and I erred on the side of firm because I didn't want it to budge or migrate into wrinkles. In theory you could even use it as an eye shadow primer. I have tried it and I liked it quite a bit...I don't think it will be as great as UDPP for someone with very oily lids (which performance wise is a stellar formula, and it's my basis of comparison for primers) but it holds its own against the primer that's on the site.

I'm not saying "you're wrong" or anything like that- but try gently melting with the heat of your finger before you apply it- or gently just pat it on. The base actually does melt into a liquid if you heat it...you could even try hitting it with a hair dryer for a second. The tweak between creamy and too firm is an uber tiny one that I'm not confident I'd be able to nail for everyone.

Give that a try, and we'll go from there!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
nfig

Post by nfig » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:58 pm

I found this too hard to apply without tugging at my skin. A little softer might be better.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:06 pm

i think it might warm up better when you have a bigger flatter surface to swirl on. just a thought- these were sample sizes though so it was hard to build up friction on the surface.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:29 pm

I will try warming it more tomorrow morning and report back.
buscardelalma

Post by buscardelalma » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:49 pm

I really liked the concealers, they didn't make my fine lines more noticeable...and I used it to conceal other parts of my face too. i would like to see something like shea butter added to it maybe for softness and skin benefits. But I would Def. buy a full size!
Hoyden

Post by Hoyden » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:42 pm

I am stalking my mailman waiting for the samples I ordered of the concealer.

I have a suggestion that works well with the indelible cream eye shadows that I use. Before I apply it, I stuff the container in my bra or my waistband to warm it up a bit to get it to go on easier.

Works like a charm.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair
Cheece

Post by Cheece » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:41 am

Hoyden wrote:I am stalking my mailman waiting for the samples I ordered of the concealer.

I have a suggestion that works well with the indelible cream eye shadows that I use. Before I apply it, I stuff the container in my bra or my waistband to warm it up a bit to get it to go on easier.

Works like a charm.
lol! I do that with chapsticks in winter :)