waterless lotion

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
la_canadiense(01)

waterless lotion

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:26 am

Hey! I am wondering what the size of the waterless lotion is? I don't think it says anything in the product information. it says it is equivalent to an 8oz bottle, but how many oz is the product actually?
How long has it lasted for some of you?
Thanks!! Just wondering how many I should get since I am international, wanting to maximize the shipping.

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
lilychemgirl

Re: waterless lotion

Post by lilychemgirl » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:42 am

I don't know the exact size, but it is pretty small, wouldn't weigh that much (maybe an ounce? Or 2?)
A small squeeze (maybe the amount I would use of toothpaste) will do an entire leg for me. Sorry about the crappy comparisons, it is late and I can't sleep becuase I am worried about missing the next round of sale :lol:
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
Dr Kate

Post by Dr Kate » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:47 am

Probably an ounce or two. I really like it but still find I need a lot so I don't think it will last me very long.
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:07 am

lilychemgirl wrote:I don't know the exact size, but it is pretty small, wouldn't weigh that much (maybe an ounce? Or 2?)
A small squeeze (maybe the amount I would use of toothpaste) will do an entire leg for me. Sorry about the crappy comparisons, it is late and I can't sleep becuase I am worried about missing the next round of sale :lol:
hehe...that's cute :lol: I am all ready for the next round. hope you have time for a nap today!

I was worried it is that small though....I got one in a swap, but I thought it was the one that came in the MAC, so I was hoping the one for sale might be bigger....

Dr. Kate, I also went through it fast, well between DH and I, I think less than 2 weeks...though I know he was using too much...it is hard to regulate these things for men, he has no concept of how much to use and I can't be there everytime to make sure he isn't using too much. it would probably have lasted us a month had he used as much as I did...oh well....that's a shame...will have to hide it from DH 8-)
thanks though!

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:27 am

la_canadiense(01) wrote: Dr. Kate, I also went through it fast, well between DH and I, I think less than 2 weeks...though I know he was using too much...it is hard to regulate these things for men, he has no concept of how much to use and I can't be there everytime to make sure he isn't using too much. it would probably have lasted us a month had he used as much as I did...oh well....that's a shame...will have to hide it from DH 8-)
thanks though!
Have you thought about trying the lotion bar for him? Since it's solid, it may help with using the proper amount. It's all too easy to squeeze out too much product, especially with strong hands! The moisturizing effect is about the same I think. Far as I know, the MAC size is the same size available for purchase and has a net weight of 1oz. The lotion bar has a net weight of 2.2 oz. I prefer the waterless lotion form for most of my body...and it lasts me a while, but I could totally see the men in my life going through a tube of it in less than 2 weeks! :lol:
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:16 pm

I can go through a tube of it in less than two weeks, and yes, it's the same size as the one in the MAC package. I really do like the waterless lotion, but 1 - it goes fast, and 2 - it tends to separate on me pretty badly and it's hard to shake the container. Has anyone else noticed that they're likely to get a palm full of oils alone when they give it a squeeze?

It's still lovely stuff, and I prefer it to the lotion bar, but neither one of them seems to last very long.
Dr Kate

Post by Dr Kate » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Rhys wrote:I can go through a tube of it in less than two weeks, and yes, it's the same size as the one in the MAC package. I really do like the waterless lotion, but 1 - it goes fast, and 2 - it tends to separate on me pretty badly and it's hard to shake the container. Has anyone else noticed that they're likely to get a palm full of oils alone when they give it a squeeze?
It's still lovely stuff, and I prefer it to the lotion bar, but neither one of them seems to last very long.
Yes, same here. I also suspect that I will go through it in two weeks too. It's a shame because I love it but I can't afford to spend $10 every month on it.
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:14 pm

I've had oils once, but it was quite hot here, so I just assumed it had melted. It worked just the same anyway.
I only use a little on my legs, so I think it will last me quite a while, but I am lazy too and only use it when I am going to be wearing a skirt or shorts and my legs will be on show ;)
How is the solid version? Is it easy to apply in the deoderant tube? I liked the gumball, but ants ended up getting the last of it in my bathroom :? The one in the deoderant applicator would probably be OK though (weirdly enough, we have never had ants in the kitchen, just the upstairs bathroom :lol: )
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:19 am

I've had the oils separate though i think it's because i keep it in the shower and the heat melts it so the oils come out first. I use it for shaving and if i have dry skin. I also have the lotion bar which is nice as a shaving tool (apply it to legs and underarms easy) but not as great for getting a quick thin uniform layer on just for moisturizing (like dry arms, i would rather just squeeze a small amount, rub my hands together and apply for general moisture). You can, however, apply the bar to the palms of your hands and rub together and apply for generally the same effect. I like both, but yes the lotion can separate due to heat.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
nfig

Post by nfig » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:50 am

Rhys wrote:I can go through a tube of it in less than two weeks, and yes, it's the same size as the one in the MAC package. I really do like the waterless lotion, but 1 - it goes fast, and 2 - it tends to separate on me pretty badly and it's hard to shake the container. Has anyone else noticed that they're likely to get a palm full of oils alone when they give it a squeeze?

Same here! I get oil with mine constantly.