Questions about All Purpose base and pressing kit

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
pipari

Questions about All Purpose base and pressing kit

Post by pipari » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:32 pm

Hi,
what kind of cream would be suitable mixing with All Purpose base? Is there any other specific instructions (ratio, brushes etc)?
I've been out of minerals over a year, wearing mostly wax-based (Maq Pro) foundation and now back to minerals again. Though minerals itch like hell when it's hot or when sweating but with my skills I can't achieve the same airbrushed finish with wax or liquid foundation that covers broken capillaries and general uneveness I have on my face. I had 'old stock' of SN foundations and made a mix to try again and liked what it looked, it just feels a tad dry, hoping now the All Purpose will suit dry dehydrated 43-year old skin better. I hope I manage to mix the foundation with some moisturizer when the dry winter weather hits. All advice very welcome ☺

Can the pressing kit be used to press foundations or is it only for eye shadows?
karen
Site Admin

Re: Questions about All Purpose base and pressing kit

Post by karen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:55 pm

I'd say try the new HD Primer underneath it. You can mix it with a moisturizer, but for me it's kind of a messy pain to do it, and the coverage isn't usually as good.

There's no reason why you can't press the All-Purpose- I haven't tried it, but it should be fine. A 26-mm pan holds 3/4 tsp of product. I'd say start with 4 pumps.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten