Meanwhile in the SN Batcave...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Meanwhile in the SN Batcave...

Post by karen » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:35 am

I've had a few people ask about a Summer collection, and right now the answer is "I don't know". Summer slows down for us in the shop, so I'm taking this opportunity to work on some things that I don't generally get around to doing during the winter. I call it "sharpening the saw".

First up is the website. It needs work/cleaning up/ and maybe a new platform that will make it faster, and cooler. That's a giant project and where I'm focusing a lot of my energy at the moment.

You'll notice the blushes have new pictures added- there's comparisons between the colors! All of the pics were taken and edited at the same, so they're all accurate to each other! I made them by applying the blushes to stickers, and then taking the pics. They're not great for picking up the level of shimmer, but they show the color well.

The other thing I'm doing while I'm reworking the site is going through all of the colors to see what we have and what we might need. The shelves are currently very full, and there will probably be some products that will be discontinued. I know it makes everyone nervous when it happens, and I promise to be judicious about it. We'll do the usual heads up about it here and on Facebook so you can grab your favorites.

That's not to say that there won't be some new products, but I'm not sure when. There were a ton of good ideas from the wish list sections, and other threads so I'll start there when I'm ready to pick it back up.

It's all actually good, and we'll make it all fun/exciting/sparkly! We'll do some fun things for Summer- I just gotta get there!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
4wheel

Re: Meanwhile in the SN Batcave...

Post by 4wheel » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:32 pm

Karen, thanks for the update. I love the new blush swatches...lol it made me add some ones that I have not noticed before to my cart. I feel a blush order on its way. :D

SIDE NOTE: Karen, if I have silk powder to add to the vegan blushes that I have will that change the color of the blush? Make them lighter? I like the silk in them and like how they go on smoother. Thanks :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:49 am

I'm glad you like them!! Eventually I'll probably do them for the shadows too, but that's a bit too big of a project for the moment.

You can add silk to the blush- it will dilute the color a little, but a mini-scoop won't change it too much.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:33 am

I though it would. Thanks for the info. Ill be mixing today it's my day off. :0) And Ill be looking at more of the blushes to add to my cart :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
eliz1

Post by eliz1 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Thanks for the update:) And thanks for saying you will post any discontinued product notices on FB... I was just coming on here to see if there was a place that said you do that! Always making sure if my favorite Swank shows up on it :o , I have time to grab them ALL!LOL!!

Happy Summer!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:24 pm

No worries about Swank! It's sticking around. I'm not anticipating a huge purge.

We ARE definitely getting a new site, and we have coders working on it right now. I'm hoping it will be a big improvement (hope being the operative word- you never quite know with these things). They're telling me 3 weeks, but I know we have a lot of product data to port, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
eliz1

Post by eliz1 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:15 pm

That's exciting news! Can't wait to see the new page :D